UPDATE — On July 1, 2020, the Bahamas reopened to international travel following a shutdown due to the Covid-19 crisis.
Effective July 22, 2020, all commercial flights and cruises coming from the U.S. were prohibited. Private flights and vessels from the U.S. may still enter, provided they meet all other criteria.
Please note that a negative Covid-19 test result is required for travel. Visitors are required to adhere to safety precautions such as mask-wearing and social distancing.
Abaco, Bahamas has suffered a severe and devastating blow from Hurricane Dorian, it’s true. But it’s as beautiful as ever, and it needs your tourist dollars more than ever before.
There are airlines, resorts, vacation rentals, boat and golf cart rental companies and tour guides all available right now to welcome you and help you plan an awesome Abaco vacation.
Here’s a preliminary list of just some of those resources. I’ll be updating the list and posting travel tips regularly, so check back often.
And if you’re affiliated with, or know about, a tourism-related business in Abaco that’s not listed here, send me an email with the details and I’d be happy to add it.
- Later this summer, American Airlines will resume flights from Florida direct to Abaco.
- Abaco Freight, based in West Palm, Beach Florida, is offering limited passenger service. Call Kimber at (561) 502-2632, Nick at (561) 689-1010 or email email@example.com.
- Bahamasair is making regular flights between Nassau and Abaco and West Palm Beach and Abaco several times per week. Here are their latest flight schedules.
- Silver Airways offers multiple flights per week between Fort Lauderdale and Marsh Harbour.
- Cherokee Air is offering flights between Abaco and Florida as well as Abaco and Eleuthera. Visit their Facebook page for the latest flights and information.
- Air Unlimited is offering scheduled flights from Orlando Sanford Airport into both Marsh Harbour and Treasure Cay. Book online or call (407) 585-4300 for more information.
- Makers Air, based at Fort Lauderdale Executive Airport, flies twice weekly (Wednesday and Saturday) direct into Marsh Harbour with continuing service to Scotland Cay. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (954) 771-0330 for more information. Private charter services also available.
- Western Air offers regularly scheduled flights between Nassau and Marsh Harbour.
- AirGate Aviation offers charter flights between Florida to Abaco.
- Island Wings offers charter flights and freight services between Florida and Abaco.
- Island Tyme offers charter flights and freight services between Florida and Abaco.
RESORTS AND VACATION RENTALS and RENTAL AGENCIES
- The Abaco Club on Winding Bay (South Abaco) including the new Abaco Yacht Club is open and welcoming guests.
- The Blackfly Lodge (Schooner Bay) is open. Visit their website or call (242) 577-5577.
- The Delphi Club (South Abaco), a luxury bonefishing lodge at Rolling Harbour, is open for guests and diners. (Call 242-577-1698 before 2pm for dinner reservations.) Visit their Facebook page for updates.
- Pete’s Pub & Gallery (Little Harbour) has several rental cottages available. Visit their website for photos and full details.
- The Sandpiper Inn in Schooner Bay (South Abaco) is open. Call (242) 699-2056 or visit their Facebook page for more information.
- Oeisha‘s Resort in Sandy Point (South Abaco) is open. Call (242) 366-4139 or (314) 664-4106 for more information.
- Pete and Gay’s Guesthouse (Sandy Point) is open. Call (242) 366-4119 or visit their website.
- Abaco Palms Properties (Casuarina Point) has four rental homes available. Contact email@example.com or call or Whatsapp (256) 493-4414 for more information.
- Casuarina Sea Breeze (Casuarina Point – South Abaco) Beautiful beach duplex setting untouched by Dorian! Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (307) 620-1946 or (242) 824-8594 for more details.
- Sand Dollar Cove Cottages (Casuarina Point) are open. contact Chadat email@example.com or call (242) 559-9271 (Bahamas) (941) 240-1062 (US)
- Abaco Beach Resort & Boat Harbour Marina (Marsh Harbour) is open. Call toll free (877) 533-4799, locally (242) 367-2158, or email firstname.lastname@example.org for information. For updates, visit their Facebook page.
- Abaco Hillside Hotel (Marsh Harbour) offers four suites, some with kitchens, some without. For more information, email email@example.com
- Bay Street Suites (Marsh Harbour) are available for nightly and weekly rentals. Call (242) 577-0016 for more information.
- Calypso Hills Hideaways (Marsh Harbour) A 6-room hotel and restaurant, plus car rentals. Call (242) 825-6175 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
- Abaco Inn (Elbow Cay/Hope Town) has reopened. The bar is open and breakfast, lunch and dinner are being served daily. See their Facebook Page for further updates.
- Turtle Hill Villas (Elbow Cay) is open and offering special hurricane rates as they undertake repairs.
- Dive Guana (Guana Cay) has some rental accommodation available. Call (242) 577-0661 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
- Michelle Ruiz has housing rentals available on Guana Cay. Call (242) 825-5309.
- The Green Turtle Club (Green Turtle Cay) is open, including the restaurant and marina. Contact them at (443) 912-5839 or email email@example.com.
- Domino Dreams (a rental home near Bita Bay) is available. Check VRBO calendar for dates and/or message Denise McCauley for further information.
- The James Inn (Coopers Town) is open. Call (242) 828-3011 for further information.
- Millie’s Guest House (Fox Town) is open. Contact them at (242) 365-2046.
- Abaco Vacation Planner can help with nightly, weekly and monthly rentals throughout Abaco. Call (242) 367-3529 for more details.
- Tanny Key Vacation Rentals (Property management and care-taking – Hope Town/Elbow Cay) Email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (561) 267-6922
- Island Property Management (Green Turtle Cay) has properties available for rent. Contact them at email@example.com or (242) 357-6566.
- The John Lowe House (Green Turtle Cay), a historic 4-bedroom, 2-bath home in the heart of New Plymouth is available for vacation rentals. Email Julie Farrington at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Paradox Beach House (Green Turtle Cay) is now accepting bookings for vacation rentals.
- Sea Side Carts (Green Turtle Cay) has several vacation properties currently available for rent. Contact Marilyn at (242) 577-5497.
- Spanish Cay Resort (Spanish Cay) Fuel is available and the Pointhouse Bar and Restaurant are open. Call in advance on VHF Channel 16 or (954) 213-6195. Check their Facebook page for latest updates.
- Josey Wales Sporting Lounge and Motel (Grand Cay) is open. Call (242) 353-1175 for details.
- Sassy Cassie’s Motel (Grand Cay) is open. See their Facebook page or email email@example.com for further information.
MARINAS and MARINE SUPPLIES
- Abaco Yacht Club at Winding Bay (South Abaco) is open and welcoming guests.
- Boat Harbour Marina (Marsh Harbour) is open. Call toll free (877) 533-4799, locally (242) 367-2158, or email firstname.lastname@example.org for information. For updates, visit their Facebook page.
- Orchid Bay Marina is open for gas and diesel. Restaurant is open for lunch and dinner and laundry service is available.
- The Green Turtle Club Marina (Green Turtle Cay) offers slips, gas and diesel and water. Restaurant is also open. Check their website or Facebook page for more information.
- Sunset Marine (Green Turtle Cay) Gas and diesel available 7am – 3:50pm
- Spanish Cay Resort Fuel is available and the Pointhouse Bar and Restaurant are open. Call in advance on VHF Channel 16 or (954) 213-6195. Check their Facebook page for latest updates.
- Auto Marine Professionals (Marsh Harbour) located near the airport roundabout across from Pinewoods) is open Monday-Friday 9am to 4pm. For an appointment, call (242) 801-2886.
- National Marine (Marsh Harbour) is working towards reopening soon. In the meantime, they’re usually around Monday through Friday 10am to 3pm, and they invite you to stop by if you need service or parts.
- The Outboard Shop has reopened in Marsh Harbour. For more information, call (242) 475-9952 or email email@example.com.
- Classic Marine (Hope Town) is open and can be reached at (242) 457-2296.
- Roberts Hardware (Green Turtle Cay) is open 9am-4:30pm Monday through Friday and 9am-noon on Saturdays.
RESTAURANTS & BARS
- Pete’s Pub & Gallery (Little Harbour) is open Wednesday (pizza night) and Friday (sushi night and live music) from 3pm-8pm, and weekends from noon to 8pm. Consult their Facebook page or call (242) 577-5487 for menu and updated hours. Credit cards accepted. They also have several rental cottages available — see their website for photos and details.
- In Cherokee Sound, Hungry Again restaurant is open in the green house on the shop corner (just down from the gas station.) Open noon-3pm for lunch and 5pm-9pm for dinner. Call or WhatsApp (242) 458-2191 for daily menu or to order.
- Nancy’s Seaside Restaurant in Sandy Point is open for lunch and (with reservations) dinner. Call Mercy at (242) 475-9413 for more information.
- Mama D’s Seaside Bar & Grill (Crossing Rocks) is open. Call (242) 807-4005 for further information.
- Joyce’s Kitchen (Marsh Harbour) serving lunch. Call (242) 432-3684 or (242) 475-3962 for more information.
- Julia’s Kitchen (Central Pines) is located in a brown house on Morning Glory Circle, next to Soul Saving Ministries in Central Pines. Call (242) 823-8864 or (242) 551-4926 for menu or to order.
- Lovely’s Delight is open in Marsh Harbour. Visit their Facebook page for daily menus, and call (242) 802-6375 to order.
- Nana’s Kichen (Marsh Harbour) is open. Visit their Facebook page for full details and menus, or call (242) 559-8862 or (242) 810-0425.
- Spicey’s Kitchen (Murphy Town) is open. Call 242-699-1185 for hours, menu and other details.
- 3 Guys Chicken & Fries (Murphy Town) is open Monday through Saturday, 11am until…. Call (242) 475-9741 for more information.
- Skyview Airport Restaurant and Bar (Marsh Harbour) at the Leonard Thompson Airport is open. Operating hours per flight schedule.
- Cap’n Jacks (Hope Town/Elbow Cay) has also begun serving pizza Friday through Sunday evenings. Call or Whatsapp (242) 475-2927 for pizza menu or to place order.
- Mackey’s Takeout (Hope Town/Elbow Cay) has reopened, selling snacks and light dinners. New menu is posted below. Call (242) 458-0946 for more information.
- On Da Beach Bar (Hope Town/Elbow Cay) is open Monday to Saturday noon to 9pm and Sunday 9am-9pm. Kitchen closes at 8pm. To place takeout orders, text Hayden at (242) 824-4223.
- Willie’s Kitchen & Bar (Hope Town/Elbow Cay) is open, serving Caribbean cuisine, Chinese food and pizza. Call (242) 802-5754 for more info and to place orders.
- Dips & Sips (Man-O-War) is open 9am-4:30pm Monday through Saturday and 6:30pm-8:30pm 7 days a week for hand-dipped ice cream and pizza.
- Hibiscus Café (Man-O-War) Open for lunch and dinner 7 days a week. For more info, contact Neil Albury at (242) 577-8007
- Sparky’s (Guana Cay) is now open at the Bakers Bay dock for lunch, 7am to 3pm, Monday through Friday.
- Clyde’s at the Orchid Bay Marina (Guana Cay) is serving lunch and dinner Thursday through Saturday
- Mama’s Kitchen (Guana Cay) is open 7 days a week for lunch.
- McIntosh’s Restaurant and Bakery (Green Turtle Cay) is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Call (242) 824-6861 for menu and to place orders.
- Pineapples Bar & Grill (Green Turtle Cay) is open every day from 4pm for drinks and snacks. They plan to begin opening for lunch soon – check their Facebook page for latest information.
- Two Shortys (Green Turtle Cay) is open for lunch Monday through Saturday 11am-3pm, and some Friday nights.
- Plymouth Rock Liquors and Café (Green Turtle Cay) is open 9am-4pm Monday through Saturday, serving breakfast and lunch.
- Sundowners (Green Turtle Cay) Open Fridays and Saturdays for drinks at the outside bar.
- Turtle Crawl Café Green Turtle Cay) Open for ice cream and snacks – hours vary so check Facebook page for latest information
- The Wrecking Tree (Green Turtle Cay) is operating out of the Levarity residence on York Street, preparing takeaway meals. They’re open Monday through Thursday, 11am-3pm, and Friday and Saturday 11am-3pm and 5pm-8:30pm. Call (242) 824-6378.
- Miss Emily’s Blue Bee Bar is now selling their world-famous Goombay Smash drinks by the half gallon and gallon.Call (242) 458-4032 to order for pickup or delivery.
- Big O’s (No Name Cay/Piggyville) is open daily, 10am-8pm. If you need a ride to No Name Cay, call Captain Ron at (242) 458-9639.
- Cindy’s Kitchen (Fox Town) is open
- Russell’s Taxi Service:
- Debbie Russell (Taxi #134) – Phone (242) 805-6419 or (242) 475-3259 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Walter “Lil Russ” Russell (Taxi #130) – Phone (242) 553-7425 or email email@example.com
- Mark Douglas, Taxi #13 – Phone: (242) 577-7702 (Also offering debris removal and home gutting services)
- Joe Knowles (Taxi #75) is available by phone or Whatsapp at (242) 359-6270 or (242) 826-4718.
- Abaco Uber is available via phone or Whatsapp at (242) 825-0815.
- Maryann Archer is available at (242) 577-5200
- Da Bush ‘n Da Beach offers a taxi service in South Abaco.
- Donna Burrows (Taxi #157) is available at (242) 559-8304.
- Big Sam Taxi Service is available at (242) 801-7673
- Cay Mills Taxi Service is available at (242) 475-1463
- Sidney Hart Taxi Service is available at (242) 477-5753.
- G&L Ferries is operating according to the following schedule. Marsh Harbour runs depart from the Crossing. All runs are Monday-Saturday. Visit their Facebook page for updates.
- The Green Turtle Cay Ferries are running according to the following schedule:
- Pinder’s Ferry Service (Crown Haven to Maclean’s Town, Grand Bahama) Departs Crown Haven at 7am and 2:30pm, and departs Maclean’s Town for Crown Haven at 8:30am and 4pm. For more info, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (242) 441-3069, (242) 557-6624 or (242) 806-0924
- Wave Marine offers a daily ferry service between Grand Bahama and Abaco. Round trip ticket is $100. See below for schedule and contact information.
- Barefoot Car Rentals (Marsh Harbour, on S.C. Bootle Highway, east of the hospital) is open every day from 8am-5:30pm They offer tire repairs, snacks and cold beverages, ALIV devices and top-ups and BTC top-ups. For more info, call (242) 577-7373.
- Bargain Car Rentals (located near the domestic terminal at the Leonard Thompson International Airport, Marsh Harbour.)
- SG Car Rentals is open at the Leonard Thompson International Airport, Marsh Harbour.
- Cornish Car Rentals (Treasure Cay) (242) 357-6714 or (242) 828-0386
- R&M Car Rentals (Treasure Cay) call (242) 475-8382 or (242) 475-7235
- Triple J Car Rentals (Treasure Cay) is at (242) 577-5727
- Cruise Abaco is accepting reservations for November 1, 2020 on. Check their website to learn more about the available fleet and book your captained or bareboat charter.
- Barefoot Boat Rentals (Hope Town/Elbow Cay) is open. Contact them at email@example.com
- Dive Guana (Guana Cay) has boats for rent. Call (242) 577-0661 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
- Sunset Marine (Green Turtle Cay) has boats available for rent. They also offer a selection of tours to nearby destinations.
- Treasure Boat Rentals is open and offering the same prices as before Dorian. For more information or to make a booking, call (242) 559-9314.
GOLF CART RENTALS
- Getaway Cart Rentals (Hope Town/Elbow Cay) is open for business. Call (242) 357-6672 or (242) 477-5201 or email at email@example.com
- Hope Town Cart Rentals is open. To book a cart, call (242) 458-0442 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Island Cart Rentals (Hope Town/Elbow Cay) is open. Call or WhatsApp (242) 577-0317, call (561) 208-8160 or email email@example.com.
- Elbow Cay Cart Rentals is open.
- Lighthouse Cart Rentals (Hope Town/Elbow Cay) is open. Call (242) 475-2625 or (242) 475-0218 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Dive Guana (Guana Cay) has golf carts for rent. Call (242) 577-0661 or email email@example.com for details.
- Cash’s Carts (Treasure Cay) is open with a new fleet of gas carts. Call (242) 359-6610 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and to reserve a cart.
- D&P Cart Rentals (Green Turtle Cay) is open for golf cart and bike rentals. Call (242) 359-6605 or email email@example.com.
- Harbour View Cart Rentals (Green Turtle Cay) is open.
- Kool Karts (Green Turtle Cay) is open for golf cart rentals, and is also selling ice. Call (242) 477-5920 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- T&A Cart Rentals has carts available. Phone (561) 594-2433 or (242) 375-8055.
- Sea Side Cart Rentals (Green Turtle Cay) has carts available. Contact Marilyn at (242) 577-5497
ATTRACTIONS, TOURS and GUIDES
- The Sea Shell Museum in Cherokee Sound has reopened. The only such museum in Abaco, the Sea Shell Museum is features many beautiful and unusual shells, as well as antique bottles and coins. The museum is located under the Comms Tower on the front street — look for the prominent signs once you reach the settlement. Admission is FREE and the museum can be opened at almost any time by prior arrangement. Call (242) 366-2053 or (242) 475-7868 for more info.
- In South Abaco, Siren and Marcus Davis operate Da Bush ‘n Da Beach, offering nature tours and a taxi service.
- Captain Plug’s Adventures (Hope Town/Elbow Cay) operated by Stafford Patterson, is open. See his Facebook page for additional details.
- Cats Paw Boat Rentals (Hope Town/Elbow Cay) is open. They can be reached at (242) 816-5220 or on VHF channel 66.
- Elbow Cay Cart Rentals (Hope Town) is open for business
- IslandBoy Excursions (Hope Town/Elbow Cay), operated by Francis Charles, is available for boat charters and transport between the Abaco mainland and the cays. Email email@example.com or call (242) 808-1789.
- Local Boy Fishing Charters (Hope Town/Elbow Cay) is back up and running. Visit their Facebook page for updates and more information.
- Albury’s Sail Shop (Man-O-War) has set up a ‘mini’ Sail Shop just across the road from their original location, and is selling bags, hats and more.
- Joe’s Studio (Man-O-War) is open Monday through Saturday 11:30am to 1:30pm. Call (242) 577-0338. (Note: on Thursdays, call ahead to ensure it’s open.)
- Man-O-War Heritage Museum and Coffee Shop – open 7am-11am Tuesday through Friday, 8am-11am Saturdays.
- Sea Vibes is available for a variety of island hopping trips and fishing advantures. Book now by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling (242) 577-4394.
- Sunset Marine (Green Turtle Cay) offer a selection of tours to nearby destinations.
- Jason McIntosh (Green Turtle Cay) is available to customize a fishing day or tour specific to your needs. Call (242) 458-6276 or email email@example.com
- Reel Serious Charters (Green Turtle Cay) is up and running and ready to customize an excursion for you. Visit their Facebook page for additional info.
- Abaco Flyfish Connection & Charters (Green Turtle Cay) is available for bonefishing, light tackle reef fishing and other charters. Contact Captain Rick at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Bonefishing guide Capt. Buddy Pinder is available for fishing trips to the Marls of Abaco National Park and East Abaco Creeks National Park He can be reached at (242) 242-577-7612.
- Bonefishing guide Capt. Justin Sands is taking bookings for April. Call (242) 359-6890 for further info.
- Capt. Danny Sawyer, bonefishing guide, is booking for mid-March. Contact him at (242) 477-5901.
- Dive Guana (Guana Cay) is open and offering limited dive excursions. Call (242) 577-0661 or email email@example.com for details.
- Abaco Tours and Activities (Treasure Cay) is offering sunset cruises, visits to Piggyville and various other tours. Visit their website for full details.
- Brendal’s Dive Center is accepting reservations for SCUBA and snorkel adventures. Call (242) 458-7868 for more info and to make bookings.
For a full listing of all businesses and services currently available in Abaco, click HERE. And CLICK HERE to submit an Abaco business or service for inclusion on this list. Please include contact information, and a website or Facebook page address if one exists.