Amazon Wish List Benefits GTC’s Amy Roberts Primary School

As the administrators and teachers at Green Turtle Cay’s Amy Roberts Primary School prepare for the new school year, an Amazon wish list has been established to help replace equipment and materials lost to Hurricane Dorian.

The school, which doubles as the island’s only hurricane shelter, suffered significant and irreparable damage during the storm.

Amy Roberts Primary School – October 2019

In the months since Dorian, the Green Turtle Cay Foundation has raised funds to rebuild the school to modern standards. Together with local government and school officials, they’ve drawn up plans and begun construction on the new campus.

An artist’s rendition of the new Amy Roberts Primary School

Now, with the structural work underway, school administrators and teachers have turned their attention toward replacing equipment and supplies lost during the storm.

To help with purchasing supplies, visit the Amazon wish list and be sure to choose the Amy Roberts Primary School Donations shipping address (New Smyrna Beach, Fla) when checking out. This will ensure your donation is shipped directly to Green Turtle Cay second homeowners, Candy and Jim Coyle (Beau Soleil.)

Candy and Jim have generously offered to transport all school donations from Florida to Green Turtle Cay. They’re planning a trip to the cay July 16, so if you order in the next day or two, your donation may make the upcoming shipment. (If not, no worries. Please do order anyway. Candy and Jim fly to the cay regularly, and would be happy to deliver your donation on a future trip.)

Thanks in advance for any help you can give, thanks to Candy and Jim for transporting items for the school, and thanks to the Green Turtle Cay Foundation for everything they’re doing to help the cay recover. To contribute toward the Foundation’s efforts, click HERE.

17 comments for “Amazon Wish List Benefits GTC’s Amy Roberts Primary School

1. Candy Coyle
    July 9, 2020 at 10:05 am

Items purchased on the ARPS Amazon Wishlist are shipped to my house in Florida. I deliver them on a regular basis to Sara at the school on GTC. Because of the Covid-19 travel ban we have not been over since March. We will be flying over on July 16. Take a look at the list soon and make a purchase. Hopefully, it will make it to me in time to get on board this trip.

Candy

• July 9, 2020 at 11:33 am

Candy, thanks so much to you and Jim for flying donations over for the school! xo

• July 9, 2020 at 7:22 pm

Hi!

I lead the Brooks Rehabilitation Foundation. In October we did a school drive for Amy Roberts Primary School. I’ve been holding all of the many, many donations in my office until power was restored so nothing was damaged by mold or humidity. I would love to bring the donations to you at a convenient time. Please let me know who do contact.

Jessica

• July 11, 2020 at 3:46 pm

Hi, Jessica. Thank you so much for your efforts on behalf of the Amy Roberts Primary School. We are checking into transport options for you now, and will send you a private note once we figure something out. A million thanks!

2. July 9, 2020 at 10:27 am

Unfortunately, we can’t speed shipping . . . 🙁

• July 9, 2020 at 11:33 am

No worries! The donations are being transported from Florida to the cay by GTC second homeowners, Jim and Candy Coyle. They make regular trips back and forth, so whenever your donation arrives, they’d be happy to deliver it to the school.

Amanda

3. Frederick Braman
    July 9, 2020 at 11:14 am

Thanks, great job as usual. I’ll go shopping!

4. Pam Stalvey
    July 9, 2020 at 4:43 pm

I placed a order today but unfortunately you won’t receive the items until July 21st. 😩 Thanks for everything that y’all are doing. We visit GTC regularly and will be there August 15th. If I order some small (additional) things and have them shipped to my house…can I just drop it off at the school when I’m there?

Pam Stalvey.

• July 9, 2020 at 4:55 pm

Hi, Pam. Thanks for your note. Not to worry about the July 21 delivery date — the school is grateful for your support, whenever it arrives. Sure, absolutely, feel free to drop donations by the school in person when you’re on the cay. I’m sure they’ll love the chance to say hello. Thanks for helping Amy Roberts Primary!

Amanda

5. July 10, 2020 at 8:52 am

I ordered a couple of things. One should be there tomorrow. The other, not until the 23rd. 🙁

I actually got interested in this project, and started following this blog, by helping map hurricane shelters on the Waze map as Dorian was approaching (not that anyone on GTC needs any help finding the school, I’m sure). I’ve never been to the Bahamas . . . maybe I’ll get to go there someday.

• July 11, 2020 at 3:45 pm

Thanks, Kathy! Hope we’ll see you in the Bahamas one day soon!

6. Candy Coyle
    July 11, 2020 at 2:54 pm

Holy smokes! It’s Christmas at the Coyle house. Amazon delivery just dropped 15 boxes. Thank you for your generosity. Everything that arrives before Thursday will be onboard and on its way to GTC. The wishlist will be added to regularly as Miss Sara sees what is needed. Check back for the August flight!
    Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.

Candy

• July 11, 2020 at 3:45 pm

Candy, that’s AWESOME news! Thanks to you and Jim for coordinating the transport, and thanks to everyone who has donated items!

Amanda

• Michele LeFevre Doyle (mother was a Bartlum)
      July 20, 2020 at 3:26 am

Candy,
      According to Amazon, you should have received :
      Line marker, staff marker and multi colors stacking magazines storage holders.
      The shelving unit is to arrive between July 27 and Aug 3rd.
      Hope to one day visit the home of my ancestors (John Bartlum builder of the Mallory)