The following information comes directly from Green Turtle Cay as of this morning, Sunday, September 8th:
“Everyone on Green Turtle Cay is working around the clock, keeping spirits high, and staying very organized against all odds. They have jumped into immediate action hosting town meetings, distributing relief items, and clearing debris.
The roads are fully cleared already with use of some functioning carts/cars.
- Smaller generators 2000-3000 Watt (20 of them)
- Rakes/Shovels/Contractor Brooms (30-40 each)
- Gallon Pump Sprayers (30-40 each)
- Mold Treatment Supplies (i.e. masks, LOTS of bleach, respirators and suits
- Commercial fans for water damage (30-40 of them)
- Grace ice and water shield and/or Supplies to drying a roof
- Orange cap roofing materials to nail down tarps
- All roofing and framing materials and tools (they’re very limited on tools)
- Come alongs (5 each)
They’re also in need of the following:
- Frozen Hotdogs/Hamburgers/Chicken for hot lunches on the grill (they have refrigeration up and running to hold).
- Willing, strong bodies to come and stay/camp and give physical aid, help clearing, securing the standing buildings and anything else they ask.
The freight dock (long dock) is fully operational, with 10 feet of water, to receive building supplies. One BOLO ferry survived the storm and is operational.
Note that anyone crossing on a boat MUST be fully self sufficient for everything from FUEL to food/water and all.
They are monitoring VHF channel 16.