Hi, all. Green Turtle Cay’s Winston Pinder advises that donations for Abaco victims of Hurricane Dorian are now being collected in Nassau.
A freight boat will convey all donated items to Spanish Wells, where a group of 7+ fishing boats is waiting to distribute hurricane relief among the Abaco Cays and the mainland.
Weather permitting, the freight boat is scheduled to leave Nassau the evening of Thursday, September 5, so please drop off donations as soon as you can to:
- Bahamas Air Conditioning Supply on Shirley Street (Nathan Albury)
- Pinder’s Customs Brokerage on Mackey Street (Kailyn Symonette)
- JBR Building Supplies, Wulff Road (Charlie Albury)
Supplies in greatest need are:
- Non-perishable grocery items, including baby food and liquid formula
- Pet food
- Tents for people to live in
- Portable stoves
- Air mattresses, blow up pumps and batteries for the pumps
- Wet wipes
- Toiletries – including feminine sanitary products
- Mosquito repellent
- Water filtration devices
- Flashlights and batteries
- Manual can openers
- Cleaning supplies
- Medical supplies
- Clothing and shoes, especially boots and socks
The different Spanish Wells fishing boats will be going to different cays, so if you’d like your donation to go to a specific island, please mark that clearly on the box.
And if you can think of other items that are likely to be needed, please feel free to comment below. Thanks everyone for your help.