8 comments for “Anyone Know What This Is?

1. Jeff Jones
    July 16, 2018 at 12:58 am

Bee 🐝 fogger πŸ€ πŸ‡¨πŸ‡±

Sent from my iPhone

2. S Allwood
    July 16, 2018 at 2:40 am

It is a salt pig, used to keep salt dry and to hand in the kitchen.

3. David chudley
    July 16, 2018 at 3:54 am

Is it a salt pig

4. Reggie
    July 16, 2018 at 7:46 am

Amanda, the first thing that jumped to mind is that it was used as a watering can; of the type that were popular when I was a child; they were made of zinc, and this is a ceramic version thereof. But I say all that tongue in cheek, because I am certain that is NOT what it was. Sadly, I have no idea.

5. Roger phillips
    July 16, 2018 at 10:36 am

I believe it may well be a Victorian era bed warmer, the precursor of the hot water bottle. One filled it with hot water and placed a cork plug in it, placed it between the sheets, and Hey Presto – warm sheets! This invention was a great step forwards on the original bed warmers, which resembled large copper frying pans with lids and with long wooden handles, into which one placed hot coals and they did the same job, but much more messily. Progress!

See this link

I look forward to any other suggestions,

Regards, Roger Phillips

6. Kathryn A. Roberts
    July 16, 2018 at 10:53 am

Looks to me like it may be a female urinal……BUT that just might be my old nursing brain kicking in !!

7. Steve Albury
    July 16, 2018 at 4:36 pm

Sorry don’t know but, am quite curious.

Sent from my iPhone