Well, another Island Roots Heritage Festival has come and gone — and I was heartbroken to miss it. But, I wanted to take a moment to congratulate the winners of the festival raffle and thank everyone who helped make the raffle successful.
With your support, we were able to raise more than $2,700 to assist the festival organizing committee with the costs of staging the event.
Our raffle winners were:
- First prize — an Apple iPad: Lamanna
- Second prize — an Olympus Tough TG-5 Waterproof Camera: Alyssa Bethel
- Third prize — an XBOX S One gaming package: Pam Hall.
Congratulations to Lamanna, Alyssa and Pam, and thanks to everyone who supported the raffle by purchasing tickets.
Huge thanks also to our raffle sponsors — those who contributed toward the prize fund and those who sold tickets on our behalf. They include:
- Abaco Ceramics
- Administrator’s Office, New Plymouth
- Abaco Life magazine
- Amanda Graham
- Bill and Susan Kennedy – Turtle Dreams
- Bluff House Beach Resort and Marina
- Caroline Diedrick
- Christi and Tom Sherouse — Long Bay House
- Curry’s Food Store
- Green Turtle Club
- Island Property Management
- Jack Sullivan
- Lee LaPointe – Linton’s Cottages
- Linda Bumpers
- Linda Waller
- Lynn Collins — Frangipani Cottage
- McIntosh Restaurant & Bakery
- Roberts Hardware & Marine
- Sherry Thompson — Coco Nut Tree House
- Steve and Chelise Benvenutti
- Sundowners Bar
- The Turtle Crawl Cafe
And on a personal note, thanks my amazing husband, Tom Walters, for holding down the fort during my unexpected absence.
Not only did he carry on with coordinating and promoting the raffle while I was away, but he actually delivered my IRHF presentation — twice! And to rave reviews. Don’t know what I’d do without him. Thanks, Tom!