Introducing "Those Who Stayed"

I’m beyond excited to share this with all of you! It’s Those Who Stayed, my full-colour coffee table book about the history of Green Turtle Cay. I sent the very last few edits to the printer today and, in about five weeks, the first batch of books will arrive. On Sale Now! Those Who Stayed: The tale of the hardy few who built Green Turtle Cay.

Those Who Stayed spans more than a thousand years of Green Turtle Cay history, from the tragic tale of the Lucayan Indians who first migrated north from Hispaniola, to the swashbucklers who hid out in the cay’s sheltered harbours and the Eleutheran Adventurers and Loyalists who came seeking refuge and formed the cornerstone of modern New Plymouth.

The 185-page book includes a number of original, first-hand accounts of 20th century life on Green Turtle Cay, oil paintings by world-renowned Bahamian artist Alton Lowe, and many never-before-published historic photographs from private collections and the archives of the Albert Lowe Museum.

Those Who Stayed will be officially launched at An Evening to Remember, a cocktail reception to celebrate the 40th anniversary of the Albert Lowe Museum, being held at Bluff House Beach Resort on Saturday, January 7, 2017. (More to come about the event in a future post.)

In the meantime, I’ll have a limited number of copies of Those Who Stayed available for shipment by late November, and I’ll guarantee delivery by Christmas for all books purchased between now and November 25.

Buy Now Button

Part proceeds from the sale of the Those Who Stayed will benefit the Albert Lowe Museum. I hope you enjoy reading the book as much as I enjoyed researching and writing it!

16 comments for “Introducing "Those Who Stayed"

1. Kay Roberts
    October 11, 2016 at 8:49 am

EXCITED FOR YOU…Can’t wait to see it !! Kay

On Tue, Oct 11, 2016 at 8:45 AM, Little House by the Ferry wrote:

> littlehousebytheferry posted: “I’m beyond excited to share this with all > of you! It’s Those Who Stayed, my full-colour coffee table book about the > history of Green Turtle Cay. I sent the very last few edits to the printer > today and, in about five weeks, the first batch of books will ar” >

2. Shelley Malone
    October 11, 2016 at 8:53 am

Congratulations! Exciting additional to historical Bahamian literature.

3. faustymail
    October 11, 2016 at 9:31 am

will this be available to purchase on Green Turtle (in 5 weeks) ?​

On Tue, Oct 11, 2016 at 8:45 AM, Little House by the Ferry wrote:

• October 14, 2016 at 3:47 am

The book will be available in Green Turtle Cay in the New Year. If you need a copy before then, get in touch with me via the Contact Me link at the top of the page. Thanks!!

Amanda

4. October 11, 2016 at 10:30 am

The book sounds / looks terrific, Amanda. What a great moment, to get it all off to the printer. There’ll be another when you hold the first copy – and another when you launch it! All the best, RH

5. Jacquelyn S. Bailey
    October 11, 2016 at 10:31 am

I am really excited about this new book. How will I be able to purchase copies?

• October 14, 2016 at 3:45 am

Hi, Jacquelyn. Thanks so much for your note. You can purchase copies here on the blog – just click the “buy now” button above. If you’re in the Bahamas, I’ll be in Abaco and Nassau shortly after the Christmas holidays. I’ll post my schedule here on the blog once it’s confirmed. In the meantime, feel free to get in touch via the Contact Me link at the top of the page if I can provide further information.

Thanks again,

Amanda

6. Linda waller
    October 11, 2016 at 1:23 pm

Amanda, will you be at Junkanoo? & Will you bring books to sell?

• October 14, 2016 at 3:42 am

Hi, Linda. I may not make it for Junkanoo, but I’ll be on the cay first week in January at the latest. Yes, absolutely, I’ll bring books. See you then!!

7. October 12, 2016 at 6:28 pm

Fantastic! Congratulations and the best of wishes for your launch.

8. December 3, 2016 at 4:20 pm

Congratulations to all who made this possible. Looking forward to a good read rich in historical content and the beautiful artworks in this book. All the best !