I'm Back!

Despite appearances, I have not fallen off the face of the earth. I’ve spent the summer writing a book about the history of Green Turtle Cay, entitled Those Who Stayed. Two days ago, the last of the files were submitted to the printer, and now I can get back to normal life and blogging – I have so many stories waiting to be written and posted!

I’ll write more about Those Who Stayed in a later post, but first things first. A big thank you to everyone who helped identify the subjects in the series of photos I posted earlier in the summer. With your help, we were able to put names to a lot of faces.

As promised, everyone who contributed names and suggestions was put into a draw for a copy of Those Who Stayed. Tom was kind enough to do the honours, and the winner is:

Congratulations, Patricia. I’ve just sent you an email with details as to how and when you’ll receive your book.

8 comments for “I'm Back!

1. September 12, 2016 at 8:13 am

This is wonderful news. Looking to getting my copy. When will the book be available?

• September 12, 2016 at 8:56 am

Thanks! Book will be printed by early November, and we’re hoping to launch it at an anniversary reception for the Albert Lowe Museum over the Thanksgiving weekend. Copies should be available in Nassau shortly after… Will definitely keep you posted.

Amanda

2. September 12, 2016 at 8:27 am

Congratulations, that must feel so good!

• September 12, 2016 at 8:55 am

Thanks! It feels good, though I’ll feel even better when I know it’s printed and on its way. 🙂

Amanda

Liked by 1 person

3. Ann Carmel
    September 12, 2016 at 10:44 am

Can’t wait to get my hands on a copy of the book. I hope you’ll sell them in Nassau – especially at Logos. My go-to book shop!

• November 6, 2016 at 12:06 pm

Hi, Ann. Thanks for your note. I’ll be in Nassau in January and I hope to be able to get the books into Logos — also my go-to book shop in Nassau. Will keep you posted.

4. Carol
    September 12, 2016 at 10:29 pm

Can this book be ordered on Amazon? When is the book signing date in Green Turtle?

• November 6, 2016 at 12:05 pm

Hi, Carol. The book will be available on Amazon, but not until some time in the New Year. The book signing date in GTC is January 7. See here for more details. I’ll also be doing a signing in Hope Town on January 10.