Daily Photo – June 1, 2016

Do you recognize these faces?

Do You Recognize The Faces In This Photo from Green Turtle Cay?

As some of you may know, I’ve spent the past several months conducting research for a book on the history of Green Turtle Cay. Many, many thanks to everyone who has sent along information and photographs.

In some cases, I’ve received great images where the sender isn’t able to identify some or all of the people in the photo.

So, every day this month, I’ll run one of these images as the daily photo in hopes that some of you may recognize yourselves, your friends or your family members.

If you spot any familiar faces, please leave a comment below, or contact me directly.

As a thank you, everyone who comments or contacts me with information about the photo subjects will folks in the photos will be entered in a draw to win a copy of the book once it’s published later this year.

And please feel free to forward a link to this page to anyone who may be able to help identify the photo subjects.

Related: Daily Photo June 2

7 comments for “Daily Photo – June 1, 2016

1. Dianna Lowe
    June 1, 2016 at 9:34 am

4- either Kathy Ann or Ruth
    8- Ella Pinder
    7- Martha Cash
    10- Gloria Chiodo
    3- Joy Lowe
    6- laura or Kathy Ann
    15- Linda Key
    9- Bonnie Russell

2. Lara Holbrook
    June 1, 2016 at 10:53 am

Do you know approximately what year this is from? My grandparents were Eastburn and Clarissa Roberts

• June 1, 2016 at 10:55 am

Lara, I believe it was sometime during the 1950s. Don’t have a specific year, unfortunately.

3. Martha Cash
    June 1, 2016 at 5:27 pm

14 Maxcine Roberts, 5 Florine Roberts, 1 Elouise Roberts (all sisters)6 Laura Sawyer, 12 Kathyann Sawyer, 4 Ruth Sands (all sisters) 10 Gloria Chiodo, 2 Joy Lowe (sisters) 2 Dorothea Evans (Alton Lowe’s family) 8 Ella Pinder (Sawyer) 11 Elma Sands (Gurth Roberts’ sister) 15 Linda Key (Neville Key’s daughter) 13 Margaret Albury, 16 Martha Roberts (Lowe) 7 Martha Cash and 9 Bonnie Russell (sisters)
    This picture was taken at Walter Kendrick’s House it was taken at my 8th Birthday Party.

Martha

• June 3, 2016 at 10:28 pm

Hi, Martha. THANK YOU so much for identifying these girls. One question – is #2 Joy Lowe or Dorothea Evans?

A.

• Sylvia Vaughan (Sawyer)
        June 4, 2016 at 12:28 pm

No 3 is Joy Lowe (Sawyer)