NaBloPoMo: A November to Remember

Late in October, on a complete whim, I signed up to participate in National Blog Posting Month and committed to publishing a new blog post every day during November.

IMG_9873 2

Cherokee Sound, Abaco, Bahamas

Thirty days later, I have to admit, NaBloPoMo has been more fun — and less challenging — than I feared. There were only two days where I really had to scramble to pull together and publish a post.

Not surprisingly, November 2015 has been the busiest month ever on the blog. Thought I’d share a few of the November stats with you:

# of posts published during NaBloPoMo, including this one: 60
# of visitors to the blog this month (so far): 7,070
# of page views total (so far): 19,308 (a record!)
# of countries and territories from which the blog was viewed: 71*

* For me this is always the most fascinating statistic. In November, Little House by the Ferry was visited by people in the US, the Bahamas, Canada, the UK, Costa Rica, Romania, France, Australia, Germany, Brazil, Switzerland, Myanmar, Isle of Man, New Zealand, South Africa, Netherlands, Spain, Turkey, Mexico, Norway, Argentina, Sweden, India, Pakistan, Singapore, Trinidad, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Jamaica, Bermuda, Barbados, Antigua, Austria, Denmark, Dominican Republic, Guatemala, Philippines, Cayman Islands, Thailand, Bolivia, St. Maarten, Guernsey, El Salvador, Finland, Greece, Kuwait, Belgium, U.S. Virgin Islands, Poland, United Arab Emirates, St. Kitts & Nevis, Peru, Japan, Hong Kong, Israel, Brunei, Ukraine, Ireland, Panama, Vietnam, Czech Republic, Saudi Arabia, Turks & Caicos, Russia, Kenya, Sri Lanka, Guyana, Grenada, Seychelles, Guadaloupe and Slovenia.

And of course, # of months until NaBloPoMo 2016: 11.

Thanks to everyone for your support and encouragement this month. Stay tuned for more!

9 comments for “NaBloPoMo: A November to Remember

1. paul and nancy jorgensen
    November 30, 2015 at 10:22 am

Love your posts. Makes me homesick. Nancy from Nanaimo, BC Canada

2. WE Carter
    November 30, 2015 at 11:35 am

Hope I can visit there before I am too old to travel

3. Angie paul
    November 30, 2015 at 2:18 pm

Wow!!! Fantastic and I love the pic if Cherokee.

4. linda waller
    November 30, 2015 at 4:31 pm

I loved those statistics! You do use the internet in a very positive way!

• December 5, 2015 at 6:52 pm

Thanks, Linda! You’ve always been so supportive of LHBTF and I so appreciate it. xo

5. December 22, 2015 at 10:47 am

Good for you! I’m posting twice a week and finding it hard to keep up with that. Every day for a month is quite an accomplishment.

• December 29, 2015 at 10:45 am

Thanks, Nicole! Once daily (twice, if you count my daily photos) was fun, but stressful. 🙂 Glad I did it though, as my posts have been shamefully few in December. Looking forward to next year’s NaBloPoMo, though. Happy holidays to you and yours.