Fish Hooks Video Diary: Beam It Up

As you can see in this latest entry in our Fish Hooks video diary, Oral, Jason and Gavin have made great progress in the past few days. Our “moving day” is growing ever near. We expect it will be sometime next week, depending on the availability of the crane. Will keep you posted!

A huge thank you to my husband, Tom Walters, for all the hours he’s put into documenting the restoration of our little house by the ferry. No doubt these are videos we will treasure in the years to come.

Related Stories: We’ve Hooked the Small One, Fish Hooks Update – The Inspection, Attic Archaeology, And Then There Were These…, Fish Hooks Update, Fish Hooks Video Diary: A Solid Start, Fish Hooks Video Diary: The Cellar, Fish Hooks Video Diary: Ready, Set…, Fish Hooks Video Diary: The Move.

13 comments for “Fish Hooks Video Diary: Beam It Up

1. angie
    January 17, 2014 at 7:50 am

Love the color of the house.

• January 17, 2014 at 8:18 am

Thanks, Angie. I do, too, though we’ll probably have to repaint soon, because of the addition of the porch. Haven’t yet decided what colour, though I know Tom really likes blue.

2. linda waller
    January 17, 2014 at 11:51 am

where will the crane be set up? there are an awful lot of overhead lines!!!!!

• January 17, 2014 at 10:00 pm

I’m curious about this too. Inquiring minds want to know Amanda! 🙂

• January 20, 2014 at 6:12 pm

Gayle, at this point, it looks as if the crane will be positioned in the vacant lot just east of our property — if I recall correctly, there aren’t many (if any) wires between the two properties.

• January 20, 2014 at 6:05 pm

Linda, if all goes well, the crane will be set up in the vacant lot next door. I don’t think there are many (if any) wires between the two yards. Tom and I were wondering how they bring that giant crane down the hill into town. Sounds like just moving the crane itself will be a spectacle! 🙂

3. Angie Paul
    January 17, 2014 at 2:03 pm

A porch!!! Love porches. So exciting. Am so happy for you three!!! 🙂

4. January 17, 2014 at 10:00 pm

Amanda – This is all SO EXCITING to share in. Kudos and thanks to you for your posts and Tom for his wonderful documentary videography! What a wonderful legacy to leave for family and extended family members, present and future. Please accept my congratulations and hope that “Fish Hooks” can stay in the Curry family for many years and generations to come due to your efforts. Although my anticipation and excitement about moving day could never match yours, I’m sure, I am looking forward to that video this coming week, Lord and Mother Nature willing.

• January 20, 2014 at 6:11 pm

Gayle, thank you so much for your lovely note. We, too, hope that Fish Hooks will be around for many, many years to come. (Which, of course, might not have been possible without the help of the Kool Karts folks, who really did a lot to protect the building against further deterioration while they were using it.) Tom and I are looking forward to posting the “move” video, as that will mean that the most nerve-wracking part of this journey is behind us, and that our little house is safe and sound on its new and stronger foundation. Glad you’re enjoying the updates and videos — we’ll keep them coming! 🙂