Perfect Endings to Perfect Days

On one hand, Tom and I treasure our time on Green Turtle Cay and we hate for each day to come to an end. On the other hand, what spectacular endings they are.

11 comments for “Perfect Endings to Perfect Days

1. Shelley Rolston
    August 4, 2013 at 12:04 am

OMG ,
    Amazing sunsets! I live for days like these. Ron and I would love to visit Bahamas. Let me know if/when you’d like to rent it out to us. 🙂

Shelley

• August 4, 2013 at 2:36 am

Hi, Shelley. Yes, the sunsets from Green Turtle Cay are pretty amazing. It’ll be a while before the house is ready for rental, but will definitely let you know. I think you guys would enjoy Green Turtle Cay.

2. Capt Larry
    August 4, 2013 at 5:28 am

Great sunset pics! We are going to be in Treasure Cay July 16 -23rd. We have a boat and will certainly be coming to GTC….just wondering if there were any special events or parties we should be aware of while we are there. his is our 2d trip to Abaco and really love it there. Thanks again for the great pictures.

3. August 4, 2013 at 9:28 pm

Thanks, Capt. Larry! I appreciate your feedback. Truth be told, I may be slightly addicted to photographing Green Turtle Cay sunsets. But in the grand scheme of things, not such a bad addiction to have. 🙂 Are you going to Treasure Cay NEXT July, or did you mean August 16-23? If it’s this month, I’m not sure what’s going on, but I’ll bet the folks on the Abaco Forum would. You’re a member, right? Whenever you’re going, I’m glad you’ll make it to GTC. It’s an easy trip from Treasure Cay — have you been to GTC before?

4. linda wall
    August 5, 2013 at 5:03 am

i am torn between sunrise & sunset!!! i love both- how can one choose between the promise of a bright shiny new day, & the satisfaction from enjoying that whole day???? i guess i’ll just have to continue to appreciate & document both!!!! yes, i have some pics that are very similar to yours!!!!

5. Capt Larry
    August 5, 2013 at 6:41 am

Ooooops….I did mean Aug 16-23. And yes I am a member of the forum. We were in Abaco in July 2010 and did visit GTC and are definitely coming back. We were staying on a boat when there last and we have rented a condo and a smaller boat for this trip. Thanks for your reply and will keep in touch.

6. Michele Seib
    August 5, 2013 at 11:54 am

Gorgeous Sunsets!!!! I Can’t Wait To See Them & Photograph Them In 9 Days!!!!

7. August 13, 2013 at 10:32 pm

Wow! Such stunning photos of the sunset. Indeed, a perfect ending to the day.

8. September 15, 2013 at 2:21 pm

Thanks for your comment on Boomeresque. As you know, I share your sunset addiction.
    I see most of mine at our summer house in Brigantine, NJ over a bay (since the ocean is towards the east), but we will be on the west coast of Oahu in Hawaii while my husband is on sabbatical there this winter and I’ve seen some truly inspiring sunsets there. Last time I was there, I actually saw the “green flash”(!) just as the sun disappeared. I’ve heard about “the green flash” for many, many years, but I was starting to think it was apocryphal. .

• September 16, 2013 at 7:51 am

Suzanne, I’m jealous! I, too, have heard about the green flash for ages, but never seen it. You’ve inspired me to keep looking, though. 🙂 I’ve not been to Hawaii, but I hear they see some spectacular sunsets. Hopefully you’ll do another photo essay on them.